Our legal experts combine solid expertise, industry knowledge and business understanding in order to provide practical and effective advice. We are able to assist with a variety of relevant legal services, including but not limited to contract and risk assessment, interpretation of procurement law and regulations, input to negotiations, advice in relation to formal compliance processes etc.
Our delivery consists of revealing possible overarching legal challenges to the process, performing risk assessments and considering relevant purchase procedures and time frame.
- Reveal possible overarching legal challenges to the process and performing risk assessments:
- Assessing the customer’s compliance with relevant existing laws and regulations (legal gap analysis)
- Future laws and regulations, especially the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). The regulation will enter into effect in 25. may 2018 in the EU. In the EEA, the GDPR will probably enter into effect shortly after the EU-implementation date.
- Internal policy
- Conduct a contract due diligence (DD) to identify, summarize, highlight and analyze the obligations in existing agreements, herunder to reveal if existing agreements impose limitations when changing services or triggers cancellation fee or similar.
- Assist in laying strategy for the agreements with existing suppliers and negotiations.
- Consider relevant purchase procedures and time frame
- Private or public procurement
- Less formal regulations in private procurement. Many of the public procurement principles can however also be put to use for the private customer.